10 Things to Consider After Having Hair Transplantation
After hair transplantation, the patient is informed by the doctor who performs the operation about things to be considered. Things to be consider after hair transplantation are just as important as the operation.
Here are 10 things to consider after hair transplantation;
- You should stay away from the hard work that will make you tired and cause you to shower constantly. In addition, sweating will damage the hair follicles and will not grow healthy.
- You should avoid stressful environments. Because stress is one of the most important causes of hair loss. Especially if you have lost your hair because of stress, do not be in stressful environments after hair transplantation.
- You should stay away from sexual intercourse for a few nights after hair transplantation.
- You should definitely not drink alcohol because you will need to use antibiotics after hair transplantation. Alcohol will be directly harmful to your circulatory system through your blood.
- You should lie on your back as much as possible for the first few days and avoid contact with the treated area. If the application is done on the back of your head, you must lie face down.
- Edema may occur if you lie on top of the transplanted area after hair transplantation. You don’t have to worry about that. Within a few days these swellings will completely disappear.
- You should not go out in the sun for the first three days. If you absolutely need to go out, you must wear a hat made of soft fabric which is recommended by the doctors to keep your head.
- Smoking, coffee, tea and alcohol consumption should be avoided in the first 3 days. Since these are substances that are directly involved in the blood and which contain drugs or stimulants, your newly transplanted hair follicles will be affected very quickly.
- It is necessary not to enter very hot or very cold environments, to wash with warm water instead of hot or cold water, to stay away from the baths, sauna, pool and sea. Such locations will also increase your risk of infection, thus reducing the likelihood of successful operation.
- You should not wash your head for the first 3 days with shampoos with a pH value of 5.5 and a low antibacterial and chemical content every day for 15 days from the 3rd day. Such shampoos will kill the bacteria and germs in your scalp and will help the growth of hair follicles.
It is very important that your hair planted area should be clean and hygienic. If itching has occurred on the scalp, tell your doctor to ask him or her to recommend a medication. Jelly, spray, brigantine should not be applied to this area. Hair transplantation is a medical application even if it is carried out with aesthetic concerns. You should listen to your doctor, use the medications regularly, follow the recommendations and go to check regularly. After the operation, it is best to contact your doctor instead of producing solutions for yourself.